Friday, August 29, 2008

Are you voting?

Warning: I am a passionate devotee to the presidential election. That may be reason enough for you to unsubscribe to my blog :). I won't be offended, I promise.

I made a promise to myself that I was going to care this election season. I have three boys who will be affected by the next presidency and I couldn't NOT care. I am a strong Obama supporter. I think he's an intelligent man who would be an exceptional president. But because I'm pro-Obama, I'm not anti-McCain. I think he has served his country to the highest degree and deserves our respect. I do not, however, align with a lot of his policies nor his strong pro-Bush voting record. I think it's time for a change in this country...I'm often surprised by the number of people agree with that!

Sarah Palin interests me. I'm excited to learn more about her. From what I can tell, she's a strong woman. I've been reading a lot about her and I have my reservations, but I'm reserving judgement until we know more about her. I want her to have a chance to talk to America about what she can contribute and then I'll make a decision about her ability to lead this nation. I'm certain I'll have more to say about it in the coming months! Again, good-bye to those of you who are already nauseated :)

No comments: