Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Raking Leaves

I don't know when I fell in love with yardwork. This is the first year I sort of took it over from Cory. He's a yardwork genius, but his schedule is crazy and I don't mind doing it. I love being outside with the kids, so I've done most of the mowing and now the raking this fall. I suspect I'll do much of the shoveling this winter, too.

The thing is, Jack is two and a half. It's not hard to be out there with them anymore. He does disappear from time to time, but it's nothing like the past years when he's been in an exersaucer or 18 months and unsure of boundaries. They love it, and I love it. Especially when I am able to capture this moment:

Plus, how fun is it to photograph these colors? I can't get enough. They go as fast as they come, so I'm soaking them up.

Today I raked 14 bags of leaves. With one shoe on. If you're not on facebook, you don't know that I have a neuroma on my right foot and it's super painful when I wear a shoe. So after 15 - 20 minutes, the shoe came off, the sock stayed on, and we got the job done! I feel accomplished, but sore. Cory can have the next turn!

9 comments:

cory said...

Thanks babe!

Punkyseed said...

That's one beautiful picture of your boys.

MindiJo said...

:)

Unknown said...

So this is what you've got going on?
http://www.footphysicians.com/footankleinfo/mortons-neuroma.htm

Leanne said...

Yup. Exactly.

Laura Larson said...

Leanne, I am with you on some yard work. I do most of the mowing in the summer. Mark works a lot and plus had allergies to weeds. I actually really don't mind.. I like to be outside..but cannot just sit in a chair. I like to have something to do! :) Hope your food feels better soon!

Elizabeth Halt said...

I like the idea of raking leaves, but being as I've only raked them once (not having a yard to practice on), cannot be sure I would like the idea put into regular practice. ;)

I love that photo of your boys.

Elizabeth Halt said...

Oh! The house I rented in East Sac had a yard - and one of those old-fashioned push mowers. I did mow the yard regularly with that thing. Now that was fun. Partly because I spent most of the time giggling at my mower and lack of progress (the blades were a bit dull so it wasn't the best at cutting).

Unknown said...

I'm sorry, friend. It sounds both painful and random...both horrible facets of an affliction.