Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

I need to wrap up my Thankful posts.  Tomorrow we're celebrating the holiday with my husband's family and I am really looking forward to it.  Last year I hosted my WHOLE family (sans Amy's, maybe...?) and it was a zoo.  This year, I get to show up and bring a vegetable.  While I enjoy the chaos, I'm looking forward to a little less of it this year!

I've really enjoyed doing the Thankful statements.  Next year I'll probably just do one week, but it really has been a good exercise to say what I'm thankful for out loud.  There is so much to be said for gratitude.  I am thankful for it, in itself.

1. I'm thankful to be a woman.  To be living in an age and country where women are allowed to be strong and intelligent is one of my greatest blessings.  I told Cory recently that it's too bad for him he didn't know he married a feminist.  In all fairness, I didn't know he married a feminist either.  In the past few years, I have realized more and more how strong I am and how empowered I am by my gender.  I might blog about this again in the future...if I didn't already.

2. I'm thankful for all of you.  All of my friends.  My sisters.  Bits and Pieces.

3.  I am thankful for my children.  All of them.  They are beautiful, intelligent creations of God.  I am overwhelmed at the responsiblity God gave me to raise them, but am honored that He did.  They are a joy.

3.  I am thankful for Jesus Christ, my Lord.  That I am free because of His sacrifice. 

I wish all of you a happy and safe Thanksgiving. 

All my love.

5 comments:

Julie L. said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Leanne and family :)

MindiJo said...

Hope yours was wonderful!

~ Junkyard Jennifer said...

I hope you had a really nice Thanksgiving!

~ Jennifer

Elizabeth Halt said...

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Leanne and co. :)

Amy I. said...

Hope you had a wonderful holiday, Leanne!