Friday, October 15, 2010

Plymouth Fire Department 50th Anniversary

This year, we are celebrating the Plymouth Fire Department's 50th Anniversary.  I am proud to be part of such a great organization.  Thankful for Chief Kline's acknowledgment of firefighter spouses who stand behind those who work hard and commit to such an unstructured (and sometimes inconvenient) job.  It meant a lot to me, and likely to the other spouses in attendance.


The highlight of the evening was a "Panel Discussion" but should have been called "Reminisce" or similar.  Two retired firefighters, Chuck Scharlau and Butch Evenson joined two current firefighters, Rick Luth and Tom Evenson in a heart-warming, hilarious, and completely charming series of stories -- some sad, some happy -- of their experiences over the years.  It's good to listen to the old-timers.  I wish someone had videotaped their accounts, because it was as much the delivery as it was the content.  At the end, we gave them a much-deserved standing ovation for their years of service. 

The light was terrible, this was the best shot I could get.

It was a great night with friends.  I am sorry I didn't take more photos of everyone out in their finest, but it just was a quiet night for my shutter.  I do, however, have it forever imprinted on my heart.  Gratitude.

No comments: