Saturday, August 28, 2010

Summer Grilling


I invited the boys and me over to my inlaws tonight (nervy daughter-in-law!), and I had the idea to do summer appetizers. I took this very lovely photo of some of the food and wanted to share our menu and recipes.  I'm stretching summer out as long as I can!

Tomato and mozzarella salad:  cherry tomatoes (halved) and fresh mozzarella, tossed with half a dozen basil leaves from my inlaw's garden and olive oil.  Served on grilled ciabatta bread.

Grilled shrimp:  My FIL put Montreal seasoning on them, some of them with spicy Montreal, which was amazing.

Grilled sausage:  I just used a Hillshire Farms smoked sausage.  Eh.  Could have done without.

Zucchini fritters:  My MIL uses this recipe from Taste of Home to make them. They're light and fluffy and delightful. If you have extra zucchini in your garden, I highly recommend these.

Have a great rest of your weekend!

3 comments:

Krizzie said...

Lea,

I love all the recipes!! Thanks for sharing!

I made a zucchini cobbler this year and Annastiina liked it so much she wants it for her bday cake. Her bday is in December though so we'll have to use regular ol' apple then. Here is the link to the zucchini cobbler:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Zucchini-Cobbler/Detail.aspx

Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

The tomato and mozz salad sounds delish!

Julie said...

Yum! I love fresh mozzarella- looks like a great way to use it. This picture just made my tummy grumble with hunger. :)