Thursday, December 2, 2010

Sharing the Love: Peanut Butter Temptations

Just in time for the holidays, my guiltiest pleasure.  These cookies are so good.  Peanut blossoms, shmeanut shlossoms.  These are WAY better. 


I got this recipe from my friend Jill a few years ago, and its really the best cookie.  It's soft and moist, not hard and crunchy.  Today, when I was making these, I realized that the Reese's recipe on the candy package is very similar to this one.  Please do yourself a favor this holiday season and make these babies.  You won't regret it. 

Peanut Butter Temptations:

1 c butter
1 c brown sugar
1 c sugar
2 eggs
1 c peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 c flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 bags of mini peanut butter cups

In mixing bowl, beat butter, sugars, eggs, peanut butter, and vanilla.  Add dry ingredients and mix well.

Cover and chill dough.

Roll into walnut-sized balls.  Roll balls in sugar, if desired.  Place in lightly-greased mini-muffin tin. 

Bake at 375 for 8 - 9 minutes.  Immediately after taking out of oven, gently press one peanut butter cup into each cookie.  Cool for 10 or 15 minutes minimum before removing from the muffin tin onto cooling rack to cool. 

Enjoy!

4 comments:

MindiJo said...

Ooh, they dooooo look good. Have you ever tried any other candy in them. Like, say, a rolo? I use an assortment of different candies on my schmeanut blossoms.

Elizabeth Halt said...

I made peanut blossoms earlier this year but I baked them in mini muffin tins and added a reeses right after they came out. They looked sort of like this. (Oh, LOL, I just read the recipe. No wonder they looked like this.)

Mrs. Gorbe said...

oh YUM!

Leanne said...

Mindi - I don't know. I probably wouldn't mix caramel and peanut butter, but if you make me some i'll try them!