Friday, September 30, 2011

Best Friends

There ain't any doubt I have the world's best friends.  Seriously.  Sometimes they take my rugrats, and sometimes they bring me sunflowers when I'm sad that my four-year-old went to preschool, and sometimes they bring me hot tea on a fall afternoon.  They do good for their neighbors, and their communities, and they make me smile.  I am so blessed.

If you don't read The Bloggess, you should.  She is my kind of humor, although she's a bit more crass than Bits and Pieces.  I heart her.  She's actually following me on Twitter, which would be a huge deal, except that she follows about 10% of her 162,000 followers.  She's hilarious.  I was attracted to her when her Big Metal Chicken post went viral.  If you haven't read it, do it before you read the rest of this blog post.

This week, when I was bringing out the trash in the middle of a monotonous day of cleaning, laundry, and child-rearing, I saw this.


I lost my fool head.  I roared for a couple minutes, and then, of course, grabbed my camera.


The note reads:  Dear Ms. Leanne: I need a new home. You are such a kind lady. I know you will give me shelter or find me a real good home. Signed, The Wooden Rooster (cousin to the Giant Metal Chicken.)"

It has found a place in my dining room, where I can see its cute little face (and jointed wooden legs) every day.  Where it looks at me, and reminds me to thank God for my very. best. friends.

PS  Don't forget to participate in my Ellen Show giveaway!  You have a couple more weeks, but I'm going to keep reminding you!

3 comments:

Jenell said...

ahhhh! I love that chicken ( and the metal rooster post) My whole Kitchen is chicken themed! What a fun, funny and thoughtful friend!

Joanna said...

Show the note! (I want to see the writing.)

Elizabeth Halt said...

I remember when that big metal chicken post went around but apparently I never read it. That was hilarious.

What a fun surprise! (Ok, but 'fess up now, what would you have thought if it was instead a six-foot metal rooster?)