Monday, December 15, 2008

Holiday Appetizer Puffs

Last night, I tried a new holiday appetizer recipe (surprise, surprise). I wasn't a fan of the crab salad filling, but both Cory and my in-laws liked them. I sent Cory over there in the icy snow with a few so they could try them...just another reason it's a good thing they live nearby! I would make this popover recipe again. I'm actually planning to make cream puffs on Christmas Eve (or Christmas Eve Eve, undecided). And I think these would be delicious with chicken salad. I actually quite like crab, but the cream cheese was too strong in this recipe for me.

Also, Karen: look what I found in my freezer...didn't even know I had it! I've never used hot and spicy, but I remember I bought it not too long ago on a BOGO... :) I'm all set!

6 comments:

Laura Jean said...

I can't wait to try the puffs! I love that you don't have to have a special pan to make them!

Anonymous said...

ok so I think I'm going to try them, they look really good! :) Do you think if you reduced the amount of cream cheese, you would like it better?

Leanne said...

Maybe. Just use your favorite chicken salad (I'd use my recipe that I serve with foccasia next time) or tuna salad if you're unsure about the crab...

Anonymous said...

Okay, that's hilarious. I was just going to post a recipe on your blog with focaccia and chicken salad that I got from your sis Amy yesterday. Made it today, and it was just FABULOUS! Probably came from you though, so I shan't post it.

Anonymous said...

I was so surprised when Cory Came over with the crab puffs. Dan and I loved them! Yes, another reason I'm glad you live close, so we can be your taster.

Love Sherry

MindiJo said...

Those look fabulous. Smoked salmon goes great with cream cheese... Could you do that?