Thursday, May 6, 2010

Robin

I posted this on facebook, too, but I need to keep it in my "permanent record." 

The boys are certain they are going to catch a robin.  They'll be looking out the window and see one anywhere in the cul-de-sac and whisper their plans to me.  They'll sneak out the door (usually shoe-less - makes me crazy!), tip-toe up to it quietly...and, well, you know how it ends.  Almost always followed up with an "AWW!  It got away!"


So we were pleased to notice a robin building her nest on our gas meter.  It's way over the robin-chasing rugrats' head, so it would have been a good choice for her.  But, for some reason, she abandoned it.  I'm not sure if this is the same one, but she or another robin built a nest at my neighbors' house, on a three-foot wooden bear statue.  How adorable is this momma bird sitting on her eggs all day?


Thank you, Mother Nature, for this gift to Trenton Lane.  As payment for my gratitude, I will not tell the rugrats where this birds' nest is.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Halt said...

How fun!

Maybe she figured that the sight of a lion would keep would-be predators away.