Sunday, October 26, 2008

Halloween

4:00 p.m.: Nice, normal sixth-grader.

4:30 p.m.: Menacing Monster

I'm not a big fan of Halloween. Especially of stuff like this. I get to dress my little guys up like Nemo, and Tigger, and a monkey, and this year an extremely non-menacing pirate. But big kids, it's altogether disturbing. 11-year-olds want gore and mess and scary. Sigh. I have to admit, though, it was kind of fun painting Cole's face Saturday. He was going to a party with his mom's mom and they were picking him up from our house. Matty WOULD NOT come near him while I was painting. He stayed in his room until Cole left the house. He did look at the pictures though. So...are you dressing up? Are your kids? I'll have more pictures later this week!

5 comments:

Laura Jean said...

Ooh, that's a creepy cole...

:)

Elizabeth Halt said...

that is creepy.

I don't know if I'm dressing up this year, but I dressed the pup up Halloween for the first time. That was fun - for me anyway. :)

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Brett and Rita would NEVER trust him after that get-up! Amy

Megan said...

We went to Goodwill and Walmart and found costumes. Travis will be a cute harmless little clown, and Jenna is going to be a pirate. Its funny because somehow earlier in the week she told me she was a pirate. She even has the pirate Argh! down pat. :) Now we are working on the trick or treat part.

MindiJo said...

OOOOOOOOhhhh! Scary costume, Cole.
I love halloween, you can anything that you want to be. Seriously, did you know I have an inner black cat? That's probably what I'll be. We went to a Halloween party on Saturday. I was a boring pumpkin. Zane had other costume ideas for me, but it was a family event. I wish I would have had time to put some thought into it, because I may have come up with something worthwhile. I may actually steal the pirate idea...