Thursday, November 6, 2008

For Mindi


This is for you, Mindi. And all the other women who know who they are and what they want. When I said in an earlier thread that I really admire your strength, I meant it. I saw the one with Sarah Palin's face and I thought of you. I wish I was talented enough to impose your face on this poster, but I'm not.

This election process reminded me that women are in such a great position in this country. Whether or not you like Hillary or Sarah, you must appreciate what they've been able to accomplish. When Hillary said when she conceded to Obama that we could put our children on our shoulders and tell them they can be anything they want to be, she wasn't kidding. They, and we, can be anything. I've always said I'm not a feminist (I do not believe that men and women are created exactly equal) but where we are capable, we should be given the right and equality. To the many women who fought for that equality, my sincere thanks.

A picture of strength, dedicated to my dear friend Mindi. I'm sorry I hurt you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you Leanne, Mindi(a.k.a. Woman :) ) is an admirable woman. I love my Woman and I miss you Woman tons and tons!!

Anonymous said...

Just an afterthought. . .I have called Mindi "Woman" for well over ten years, because she is "the Woman" :) :)

MindiJo said...

Oh, Leanne, this wasn't about you. Honestly, you are such a good friend. I know we disagree, and I'm okay with that. Before I read this post, I was honestly thinking how you were the one that taught me to respect other people's opinions. Even if you disagree, you can still respect the way they feel. I learned that from you. I love you! You are too good to me.
I'm going to email you and explain things. It's too personal to be here.
Thanks, Woman!! I call her Woman right back!! I love you, too.
Miss you both tons!!