Friday, March 20, 2009

The Carwash


Do all little kids dislike carwashes? I hear stories of moms who let their kids wait outside of the wash when it's going through (with an older sibling, for example). I don't do that. It's not a form of torture, I promise. It's just that then they'll learn to push through their fear. Jack really really really doesn't like the carwash.




And here's Matthew: "It's okay, Jack. We have to go through the carwash because our car is not clean," in a perfect Big Brother voice.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next time take him out and cuddle him....then he'll LOVE the wash! Maybe....

Anonymous said...

perfect!

Leanne said...

Oh. At some point, he put his own hat on and refused to take it off. Even though it's backwards.

Leanne said...

Amy - you're just saying that because you know how fun he is to snuggle. :)

MindiJo said...

Good mommy. Torture your child and take pictures of it. Then post the pictures. Good mommy. ;)

Leanne said...

LOL. Thanks, Mindi. I really do try.

Lorz said...

I love that picture of Matty! I can picture him trying to calm down Jack! :D

Elizabeth Halt said...

I didn't realize kids didn't like it! Come to think of it, Atlas didn't like it either; it's been so long since I went through one that I had forgotten. Fun photos, though.

Anonymous said...

Danny use to be petrified of car washes. He would cover his eyes the whole way through. Then as he got a little older, he would start bragging that "I'm not scared no more." and not cover his eyes but had a "very scared" look on his face. Now he LOVES them and always begs to go through them.

You think about it though, it's like some big swishy monsters enveloping the car. It's understandable how Jack is afraid of them!

Krista said...

Can I admit...I am TERRIFIED of car washes. I close my eyes, turn up the music, and try not panic. I feel very claustrophobic in them, and I feel like I can't get a breath. Poor kiddo!! I feel his pain.